The overwhelming response to our Sweet Potato Chips Recipe inspired Shay and I to share with ya'll our favourite way of seasoning one of our favourite go to treats. Whenever we're bored of eating salads and rice bowls all week, a nice mix up that's still healthy and macro friendly are our Sweet Potato Fries. I still remember the first time Shay made me these, it was actually one of the first times he cooked for me in his kitchen and as he manoeuvred his way around the kitchen I was all smiles when he jokingly recited his recipe out loud. We're goofy and mess around a lot and part of the chaos including him dabbling and adding a dash of dill to our sweet potato pieces. He told me then that it's his secret ingredient and he's done this for ages in his recipes. Later on I found out the guy had no clue was he was doing and on a whim discovered one of my favourite recipes.
Ever since I always save all my carbs whenever we buy sweet potatoes for the end of the day and we bake them in the oven and have them with chicken as a side and it's genuinely the perfect dinner meal for after a work day. I know it's not a chip and they're not sprinkled with garlic or parmesan but trust me, these are amazing and you'll love them just as much as our chips, if not even more.
For an added bonus this time around we were kindly sent a new baking sheet to try out and use. The Kuhn Rikon Silicone Baking Sheet is perfect for making crispy treats. Since it's a silicone based sheet, you don't have to grease the tray before cooking which saves the hassle of adding unnecessary fats like butter or oil. It's a great kitchen tool to make baking just that little bit healthier for day to day. The nonstick surface also helps for impatient people like me because it reduces the amount of time your goods need to cool, we were able to scoop these babies right from the Sheet onto a plate and with most other baking tools I'm forced to sit and wait. It's an inexpensive gadget that's definitely useful to have and it's one of those investments that you won't have to make very often. A good Baking Sheet will last you for years so it's pretty hassle free and definitely something we enjoy.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes (with Skin)
- 1 tsp. of Garlic Powder
- 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' Spray
- 1/2 tbsp. of Dill Weed
- Salt & Pepper
Here's How We Did It:
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and then wash your Sweet Potatoes and get them ready to slice. Cut them in half in the middle and then cut that piece in half as well. Slice your potatoes into strips and put them in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in your Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper and for the added kick and my favourite part, Dill Weed for taste. Then spray a generous amount of 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' Spray and mix the ingredients with your hands so every piece has a good amount.
3. Lay out your Potatoes on the Baking Sheet so that none are overlapping and you're ready for them to get some heat.
4. Put your Potatoes in oven for about an hour and a half or until the edges are crispy and firm and then take them out of the oven and you're ready to eat!
These are delicious with Ketchup or BBQ sauce and that added kick of dill will just make you want to eat them all. Sweet Potatoes are very high in Vitamin A and they're not too high in carbs so you can have a nice bunch without having to feel very guilty about eating something so fun. Plus they're filling and a nice dinner to have. Sweet Potatoes are incredibly versatile and fun to make but this recipe is definitely my favourite way to have them bake and eat them all.