So as I'd mentioned in my previous post, Shay and I have been in a baking mood as of late and Monday night he came up with this delicious recipe. We first started making little mini pies for the holidays. I remember it still how incredibly happy I was Christmas Day. He and I had the house to ourselves and I stood on a chair and photographed him as I watched him bake. He's always very focused whenever he cooks or bakes and we laughed and I taught him different words in German. Ever since we've been messing with different ways to make similar little treats and this time around he ended up making Cherry Pie Biscuits. They were super yummy and perfect with a scoop of Homemade Ice Cream. The recipe's pretty simple but absolutely scrumptious. Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a sweet warm glaze and you have the perfect plate of cherry gooey bake.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup of Butter - 1 3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Sugar - 1 1/2 tablespoons of Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt - 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 2 Whole Large Eggs - 1 can of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract - 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
Here's How To Do It:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 8x8 Baking Pan with Pam and start preparing your mix. Stir the butter and the sugar together in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
2. Add the Salt, Eggs, and Vanilla Extract and keep stirring until everything is evenly mixed. Next, add the Flour and the Baking Powder and mix until combined.
3. Now Pour half your batter into the Baking Pan and smooth down to an even surface.
4. Add a layer of Cherry Pie Filling and Top with a third layer of batter mix. Place your baking pan in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
5. When the time is up, take out your pan and let the biscuits cool. Meanwhile, begin to prepare the glaze.
6. For the glaze, simply add Milk and Powdered Sugar and stir until smooth. Then slice out even squares from the Baking Pan and drizzle with the Glaze. Top it off with a scoop or two of Ice Cream and enjoy yourself a sweet cherry treat.