In case you missed it, Friday Night Shay and I made an incredible Friday Night Treat. Our Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Cilantro Slaw were absolutely delicious and as a side dish we decided to quickly whip up some crispy delicious Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Chips. I've always been a big fan of chips and crackers. I'm the kind of person who cannot open a bag of chips without finishing off the whole bag so when Shay told me he wanted to try making our very own chips I was definitely up to give it a try. During the week we often make sweet potato fries for dinner so switching it up a bit and adding different garnishes was a nice little treat.
Something to remember when making these crispy chips is to definitely let them cook on low and slow. The lower the heat, the crispier they'll get. It's a super easy five ingredient recipe and by making chips at home it's way easier to control how much sodium and additives you're going to eat.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 6 ounces of Sweet Potato
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
Here's How We Did It:
1. Preheat the oven to 275 Degrees Fahrenheit. Slice your Sweet Potatoes as thin as you can get them with a Knife.
2. Put all the Sweet Potatoe Bits in a Bag and add in your Olive Oil, Chopped Garlic & Cornstarch. Go ahead and also season with salt and pepper to taste. Then lay out the pieces on a baking sheet and remember not to let them touch so they each have a chance to get nice and crisp.
3. Put the potatoes in the oven for about an hour and then take them out to do a flip. Flip each piece so that the other side can get a chance to bake and put them back in the oven for another hour.
4. Once they're crisp and ready to eat, take them out of the oven and garnish with Parmesan Cheese.
Super easy and super tasty side treat.These were perfect with our sandwich and definitely delicious. I love spending time in the kitchen and finding new and interesting ways to make our own versions of all my guilty pleasures. Friday Night was delicious and even though it's Monday again, I can still remember how yummy everything was that we had to eat.