We've been pretty excited lately with the overwhelming amount of love in the comments about our recipes and food posts. If you've been following me for a while you'll usually see a picture or two of our Friday Night Cheat Meals. Shay's incredible in the kitchen and he genuinely spoils me. Now that we're more into posting recipes and sharing food with you guys our Friday Night Cheat Meals have more room for growth as well. This week we went all out and had an incredible meal. Shay started prepping the day before and I was just so stoked with how the pictures and meals ended up turning out. We made three separate meals, one other of which you'll see peaking in the pictures here but hopefully ya'll enjoy and try out these recipes too! The main course and what we were really excited for was our Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Cilantro Slaw on Homemade Poppy Seed French Rolls.
This recipe is delicious because the chicken was tender and smothered in tangy BBQ sauce. That along with the crunchy creamy texture of the slaw and that surprise hint of Cilantro made this sandwich one that'll be hard to beat. Easy to make and perfect for the summer season, I really hope ya'll give it a go.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 2 lbs of Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast - 1/2 head of Red Cabbage
- 1/2 cup of Dead Man's BBQ Sauce - 1/2 head of Green Cabbage
- 1/2 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce - 1/4 of a Red Onion Chopped
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 cup of Italian Dressing - Cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce - 3/4 cup of Mayo
- 1 can of Pillsbury French Bread Roll - 3 tbsp of White Vinegar
- Egg White Wash - 1/4 cup of Milk
- Poppy Seeds - 2 tbsp of Sugar
Here's How We Did It:
1. For the Pulled Chicken we did ours the night before because it usually takes around three to four hours to cook. Keep that in mind when making this recipe. Prepare the Chicken Breast in a Crock Pot set on high. For the marinate, mix your BBQ sauce (we used two types for flavour), Brown Sugar, Italian Dressing, and Worcestershire Sauce in a mixing bowl making sure it's all blended together with a creamy consistency. Pour the marinate over the chicken and let it cook for three to four hours.
When done cooking, just easily shred the chicken apart with a fork and that's all for the chicken part.
2. For your Poppyseed Rolls, we wanted to bake some bread fresh from the oven so we picked up one of the Pillsbury French Roll packs and stuck that in the oven for about twenty minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Take them out after twenty minutes and rub egg wash over the top and add some poppy seeds. Put them back in for eight to ten minutes and then you're done.
3. For the Cilantro Slaw, we chopped up Green Cabbage, Red Cabbage, Carrots, Red Onion, and Cilantro. To that we added Mayo, White Vinegar, Milk, Sugar, and Salt & Pepper to Season. Mix that all together to get a Sweet and Crunchy Slaw with that perfect hint of Cilantro Seasoning.
4. Once everything is nice and cooked up, you're ready to eat! We just slathered on as much BBQ Chicken and Slaw as each of us preferred and feasted. This is such a rich sandwich with such fresh tastes that it's perfectly easy for summer and an excellent treat. Since most of the recipe just requires a crock pot and an oven, you don't have to do much work for such an incredible feast.