EXPLORE.

4.16.2016

Spinach And Mushroom Cheese Stuffed Ravioli Lasagna

Yesterday was Friday and you all know what that means, Shay and I had an excuse to try out a new recipe and this week we wanted something Italian. I can honestly say this was probably one of the most incredible meals I've ever had but I feel like I say that every week. I also was able to use my new tripod and I'll shamelessly admit I'm pretty proud of how these pictures turned out. I remember the days were I would endlessly stare at the same three photos and not understand why after snapping a hundred I only could use one, two or three. The lesson and honestly, it's not what you're going to want to hear is everything takes practice. I have been trying to get better with my photography for years and I really think that my endless hours of googling lessons and obsessing over other people's skills have finally allowed me to develop my personal style. Practice may not make perfect but it surely gets you closer to where you're trying to be. 

We went shopping the night before and while I set up the scene, Shay started prepping the recipe. We made Spinach And Mushroom Cheese Stuffed Ravioli Lasagna with a side of Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread and it was heavenly. 

For The Lasagna This Is What You'll Need:
- 6 ounces of Spinach
- 1 jar of Alfredo Sauce (We used Four Cheese) 
- 1/3 cup Pesto Sauce
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 package of Four Cheese Frozen Ravioli 
- 1/2 package of Mushroom Stuffed Frozen Ravioli
- 1/4 cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 cup of Italian Six Cheese Shredded Cheese Blend
- Basil for Garnish 

And Here's How We Made It: 
1. Preheat the Oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. 
2. Finely Chop up the spinach and mix in a bowl with your Pesto Sauce and Chopped Mushrooms. 
3. Combine the Alfredo Sauce and the Chicken Broth in a Separate Bowl. 
4. Now you're going to start layering it! First things first, sauce the bottom of the pan with a hefty amount of the Alfredo Sauce mixture.
5. Next layer is the Spinach Pesto Mushroom Mix. 
6. Then layer on one layer of Ravioli. Instead of mixing the two blends, we decided to use the Four Cheese on the bottom and the Mushroom Stuffed ontop but feel free to do whatever your foodie heart desires. 
7. Layer on some cheese, or in my case a lot of cheese. 
8. Repeat! We only did two layers so that all the ravioli cooked evenly. 
9. Sidenote, I added Herb Garnished Brie to the top of mine because I have a sick addiction to cheese. That part's option. 
10. Time to Bake. Put your Lasagna Ravioli in the oven and bake for thirty minutes. When the timer beeps, take the dish out of the oven and garnish with basil and another layer of shredded cheese. 
11. Put it back in the oven and let your pasta cook for five more minutes. Then you're ready to take it out and eat!


For The Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread:
1 cube of Refrigerated Biscuits
1 cup of the Italian Cheese Blend
Make sure to reserve 1/4 cup of your Spinach Pesto Mixture for this part of the recipe.

And Here's How We Did It:
1. Pam up a Muffin Tin and Preheat the Oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using the Rest of Your Spinach, Mushroom, And Pesto Sauce Mix add tiny cut up parts of the biscuit cubes so that they resemble almost small dough balls. 
3. Mix the Two Together in a bowl with your Italian Cheese Blend so that everything mixes evenly. 
4. Fill up the Muffin Tin with evenly disbursed segments and garnish with more cheese. 
5. Bake for 15 minutes and that's all there is, easy and tasty recipe!

I really hope ya'll try out this recipe. It was honestly just so darn good and even though as I'm sitting here writing in a food coma dreading the gym session I'm going to have to power through tonight... it was definitely worth it. I'm a former fat girl and I really like to eat, and this meal is one that's going to definitely be hard to beat. 


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10