So I have some pretty exciting news to share with you guys. My blog is going to be changing a little bit soon. Ya'll probably don't care but I've been literally thinking about doing this for about three years now and I finally have come to terms and decided to make blogging a priority. It makes me happy and you all make me happy. Shay and I have been discussing it for quite some time now. It started with just light hearted talk but as we both noticed that this blog can incorporate both of our passions, he's decided to help me with it and we're going to start producing some new content and hopefully grow this little awkward blog together.
I bought a tripod. And he's excitedly thinking up recipes and we're going to start sharing some foodie adventures and new travel posts and all kinds of different exciting new content. We've gotten the chance to partner up with some amazing brands and it's only going to grow and build from here on out. I'm excited to do something passionate together and you all know I've been wanting to blog more and invest more for literally forever now so hopefully you'll follow along with us and enjoy the ride.
A few weeks back we got the opportunity to team up with a pretty cool brand and were sent this little ice cream maker to test out and review. Zoku sent us their Ice Cream Maker which is essentially a quick fast way to make single serving sized treats at home. You can make all kinds of things with this nifty thing like gelato, custard, frozen yogurt and more. It even came with a little recipe pamphlet that definitely helped us get our footing and start up a sweet delicious treat.
So the Ice Cream Maker comes in three parts, there's the bottom cup that is mainly there so you don't freeze your little hands off because this thing get's pretty cold. The middle compartment is a stainless steel bowl that you're going to want to put in the freezer over night to let it chill. Then the top is just there to secure everything in place and you're ready to go! We ended up making Reverse Chocolate Chip Ice Cream which is basically super chocolately ice cream (like the best I've ever had) with white chocolate chips. I know, I know we're totally gourmet chefs here but we wanted to try out something simple first and honestly it was better than anything I'd ever tried from an ice cream carton.
(* This product was sent to us to review but all opinions are purely and solely our own)
For This Recipe We Used:
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt (Just a Pinch!)
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
How We Did It:
1. In a small bowl, start off by whisking the milk, cream, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt until your cocoa powder is nice and condensed. Cover the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for about thirty minutes. Be patient, I know it's hard!
2. Take it out and stir again until the cocoa is almost a liquid texture and chill to 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4.4 degrees Celsius).
3. Pour about five ounces into the Zoku Ice Cream Maker and begin scraping the sides with the spoon provided. Use the spoon to keep stirring and scraping the sides slowly removing an Ice Cream Like Texture. This is where we started tossing in some white chocolate chips.
4. Keep adding more of the mixture as you keep stirring, this recipe makes about a quart of ice cream so enough for you and a friend.
5. Top the Ice Cream with even More White Chocolate Chips and garnish it with whatever you like.