EXPLORE.

9.02.2015

My First Wedding Shoot


As I'd mentioned in my previous blog post, this past weekend I was able to shoot my first wedding in Malibu for Adam and Denise Shipley. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get better shots and always do stress over making blog posts cohesive but I wanted to share some of my favorite moments of the bride and groom. The candid shots I was able to get of both Adam and Denise just utterly and overwhelmingly happy were absolutely beautiful. The wedding was held at a mansion in Malibu along the beach and with good friends, good food, and of course good photographers the day was a beautiful success. 

Denise was beautiful in white and Adam's nervous laughter made them a lovely pair that were just giddy and happy all day. As it was my first wedding ever, I wasn't really sure what to expect but this one was sincerely lovely. So much goes into making a bride's wedding day special that it's incredible to see everything fall into place. The warm Malibu day and gorgeous ocean side were perfect for the late August wedding and I wish both Adam and Denise a beautiful and bright future as a married pair. 

As for my photography, I cannot believe how much I learned in just one day. I am a strong believer in learning by doing. Reading how to manuals and researching things never seems to do it for me. I learn by being thrown into something and having to figure it out as I go. This wedding was such a spur of the moment choice for me. Up until now, I would shoot photos for my blog and once in a while come across something I liked enough to post. The shoot on Saturday was constant footage and I was free to experiment, adjust, and learn. I now understand my camera more and am slowly growing more confident in my abilities. I do still second guess myself and need to learn to spend longer on a moment. If I like something, I need to stop and snap it at a few different angles because most times what our eyes see isn't what the camera is going to pick up. We need to manipulate angles, light, sound, imagery to fit into the perfect moment.

I am also growing into my style which is leaning more towards candid carefree shots than posed professional builds. I'm developing and it's incredible. I may be doing another shoot this weekend which is just so exciting. I am incredibly blessed to be able to find passion in something and to be able to practice it now. I'll be posting more shots from the wedding on my photography page but for now, this is a start. There's always going to be room for improvement but for now, I'm proud of myself for putting myself out there and going for the moment. 

There's only one place to go from here. And that is up. 

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10