EXPLORE.

10.07.2015

Apologies



So you all know this blog has been my personal little corner of the internet for over two years now. It's been with me through so much and has let me grow creatively in so many ways. If you've been following my recent posts you'll know that I've begun diving into photography and have been attempting to really see if it's something I may want to do with my life. Four months ago I would have told you that I'm going to become an attorney one day. You would smile and encourage me to continue working towards the high paying job and I would feel accomplished purely because of principle. A good job that pays well, that's meant to breed happiness, therefore I'm doing life right, right? Well, today I sit here telling you all that I'm trying to start a business, my own company of sorts. I'm trying to start my own photography company. 

If I said this out loud to anyone in my family they would probably remind me how much of a disappointment they think I am. I was always skeptical about going an artsy route. I never thought I had a creative bone in me so therefore the books and office job way was my place to be. I'm good at what I do. I'm a paralegal in a law office, I'm also apprenticing full time to become an attorney and I practice the law every day. I put together briefs, do legal research, organize files and settle cases. I'm in the game and I'm good at it. The only problem is that it doesn't make me happy. That feeling I get when I get to stand behind a camera lens and capture something incredible is absolutely amazing. It's the most passionate thing I've ever done; photography and it's what I love to do. This past weekend I made the biggest investment I've ever made and purchased a professional DSLR camera. I bought the Canon 5d Mark iii and it's incredible. It cost more than my car so there's that but it's my first step in becoming what I want to be. I also am working on building a website right now with my portfolio and a new blog that is centered more around my work and my journey of becoming something I can be proud of. 

It's insane and it's all not what I expected I'd be doing right now. I'm twenty and I'm just not ready to settle for a life of unhappiness yet. I have a decent head on my shoulders and I want to do this. As a lot of my attention will be spent working on developing the new website and migrating the blog content over there, I'm going to apologize beforehand for the less frequent presence on here. Some of you are incredible support systems and I do hope you know I read every single comment every time ya'll leave me one. I'm usually just in the office at work or driving when I do have a chance to see them and then never get back to replying. You're wonderful and this little corner is my home. I'm just hoping to move forward and progress from here. 

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10