EXPLORE.

9.12.2015

Something Different - A Sephora Haul


So here's something you may not even know but my blog used to be purely makeup based. I was fully immersed in the beauty blogger life and that was basically all the content that my little corner of the web would produce. I was incredibly wrapped up in the competition that is beauty blogging and to be quite honest, I hated it. I hated having to constantly compete with beautiful girls and not feeling adequate enough to have the same hobby. Makeup and beauty is still a huge part of my life. I still shop at Sephora religiously, I still care about how my makeup looks every day and I still find incredible joy in creating a new look and feeling confident in my own skin.

I started beauty blogging when I was heavier, probably a good eighty pounds ago and at that time I strangely had more confidence in my appearance than I do now. My rounded cheeks and squished eyes thought I was all that and a bag of chips. Since then I clearly changed my blog to being more of a lifestyle and travel blog but that doesn't mean that I don't still love makeup and beauty products. 

I haven't splurged at Sephora in quite a while and since I had some extra time on my hands this morning and my skin was breaking out like no tomorrow, I decided to go and talk to one of the lovely counter girls to find a new foundation and routine. My skin is incredibly incredibly sensitive and since this last week has been absolute hell on my emotions, my skin decided to wear my problems for me.

The lovely Ashley at the Sephora in Calabasas took me in and helped me completely cleanse and color match to a new beauty routine. She introduced me to the Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme which is a gorgeous foundation that doesn't feel too heavy and helped cover up my imperfections. I also finally picked up the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer because I have wanted this thing for literally three years now and just never had the lady balls to splurge and buy it. Ashley started me off by actually testing the concealer on my under eyes and the immediate difference just confirmed I was in good hands. Lastly, the other product she introduced me to was the Becca Highlighter in Champagne Pop. I wanted to hate this. Everyone wanted to hate this highlighter. It is so raved about it's almost a joke but damn, the difference that beam of beautiful light brings to the face is just ridiculous. She applied some under my brow bone and I have never loved my eyebrows more, and I really like those two badboys. 

Anyway, I have some new products and I really dig them. I really miss loving makeup and am getting into it a bit more again so every once in a while you may see one of these blog posts pop up, reminiscent of my early years. It's a part of me and this blog is every part of me so you're bound to see it shine through. 
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10