EXPLORE.

7.16.2015

Expectations

Sometimes something so simple can be ruined by searching for an explanation. A lot of our lives are spent chasing after the status quo because that's all we've ever known to do. We're conditioned to live our lives the same way everyone else in society is living, it's not wrong until everyone else thinks it's wrong. You're not right until the rest of the world agrees with you. Everyone has expectations and when those expectations aren't met, we often run away. 

I'm trying not to run away. Isn't that ironic? Most of my words on here are laced with notions of running off and getting lost because for me, the hardest thing to do is face something I have no control over. I thrive for control and independence and I'm often faced with obstacles that are so immense that I feel as though I have no control; no power; that I'm just a tiny inadequate ant in the mass of lights crowding LA. It's strange that seeing everyone else be so small can give me a push to want to mean something. Things aren't going to go the way we want them to. What we feel isn't always going to make sense to everyone else. It's not easy to choose to avoid the expectations and go with what you're feeling but sometimes we have to. We have to be brave. 

No more running. 
SHARE:

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this post! We are each individuals that should lead our own lives in our own way x

    Amanda / Amanda's Escape

    ReplyDelete

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10