EXPLORE.

6.21.2014

The Color Run 2014 - Los Angeles, Dodgers Stadium






Today I accomplished something that I honestly never thought I would ever do. I ran my first 5k and it was one of the craziest most exciting days yet. My best friend and I participated in the Color Run which was held at Dodgers Stadium here in LA and man, was it a blast. I never in a million years thought I would be someone who could actually finish running three miles, let alone enjoying it. Running has become something I cannot go without. It is refreshing, exhilarating and it's the best part of my nights to just enjoy a gossip break jogging through the summer.

We obviously got a little messy and I'm honestly not sure how long I will be scrubbing blue out of my hair but it was so worth it. I feel accomplished, healthy and extremely extremely tired. We will be participating in more upcoming runs and I'm sure this one will be a new yearly tradition. The run wasn't even bad, it went by so quickly and getting splattered by powdered paint at every turn sure took our minds off of the heat. Probably one of my favourite moments of 2014 and just so so blessed to have a best friend that I can enjoy literally everything with. I just want to put this out there that anyone can do it, we can all become runners, athletes, healthy content human beings as long as you set your mind to it and keep pushing through. Who would have thought the girl who couldn't finish a mile in high school would have shed all that weight and actually finished a 5k marathon. I cannot wait for our next run and am already looking forward to the Color Run 2015. 
SHARE:

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 5km!! This looks like so much fun - I'm no runner but I'm so tempted to attempt one now they're making their way over to England. Now go and have a relaxing bath!!

    Steph xx
    Lay It Bare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Steph! I definitely think you should go for it!

      Delete
  2. This looks so much fun! Well done on running that much though, I don't think I am that fit!

    Stella//Electrikflowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stella! I bet you can do it if you set your mind to it (:

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, that's a great achievement :). It looks like fun, but I could imagine it's going to take a lot of effort to scrub off all the paint!

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been four washes now and there's still paint coming out of my hair. My ombre has officially turned somewhat green... yikes. Also thank you so much Sarah!

      Delete
  4. Stef! That looks like such a blast! I've heard of color runs but I've never had the oppurtunity to do one yet. Although it's part of the experience, not sure how well I would take to the aftermath of washing all that paint off of me and my curly mane!

    xx

    Shree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Such a cool achievement and to know you've come so far must feel amazing!

    Rachel | Rachel is Elsewhere

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the run!
    The colour run has been something I wanted to do for a while, so I love hearing about other peoples experiences.

    -sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it Sarah! It's such an incredible experience

      Delete
  7. I am so jealous, one day I would love to do this!x
    http://blushingbeauty9.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love color runs, there are just the best! Congrats on the 5k!
    ErinElizabethBlog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've done a colour run before - how much fun is it?! Congrats on the 5k! :)

    Angela xo | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Angela, I'm going to be taking a part of it every year now. They're such an incredible experience!

      Delete
  10. Wow this looks great, well done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this looks SO much fun!
    Big Big well done- such an achievement!

    L xo
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous! I really wanted to take part of a color run this year, but there wasn't one near me, but it looks like so much fun. I also love that it's not about being the first to finish 5k, but about having fun :)
    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10