EXPLORE.

11.16.2016

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls

It's honestly no secret that one of my greatest passions in life has always been food. Growing up overweight, it was really quite evident that I really loved food. I would watch the food network in my free time and always dreamt of cooking and baking all kinds of different types of food. 

I have peculiar tastes and never owned my own kitchen so most times when it comes to preparing food, I've always been the helping hand. I do the stirring and the pouring and I'm usually the one rounding up ingredients for whoever else is in charge. With Thanksgiving coming up, I wanted to practice actually preparing something of my own and wanted to get myself into the habit of learning how to bake and cook food. Shay's a natural chef and knows how to prepare things through years of trial and error. My mom's always been a lovely cook and I just really wanted to learn how to become good at cooking too. 

I thought I'd start somewhere small and easy and came up with these quick and simple Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls. 
What you'll need for the Pumpking Filling:                                                                    What you'll need for the Topping: 
- 1 Roll of Storebought Crescent Rolls                                                                              - 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup canned Pumpkin                                                                                                  - 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar                                                                                                          - 1 1/2 Tablespoon Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice                                                                                    - 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon                                                                                                   - 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup                                                                                      - Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips 

Instructions: 
1. Preheat the over to 375 degrees. 
2. Combine your canned pumpkin, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice, 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon and 1 Tablespoon of Pure Maple Syrup. 
3. Seperate your dough into open triangles and spread the pumpkin mixture onto each triangle. Place a line of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and roll the triangles up loosely starting at the shorter end. 
3. Place your rolls on a Cooking Sheet and in a small bowl whisk One Whole Egg. Brush the whisked egg wash onto the rolls. In a separate small bowl, mix together 2 Teaspoons of Sugar, 1/8 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice and 1/8 Teaspoon of Cinnamon. (I just eyeballed this one and added a pinch of all three together). Sprinkle the mixture ontop of the filled crescent rolls. This step helps them bake into churro like crescents!
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. While the rolls cool, prepare your glaze mixture in a ziplock bag. Add the powdered sugar, maple syrup and milk. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and sprinkle the glaze over the rolls. (I definitely still need to practice perfecting this move) 
5. Tup with more Chocolate Chips and Enjoy!
These were super easy to make, even I was able to do it and I'm a newbie. I brought a few over to my mom whose a tough critic when it comes to all things food and she said these were delicious! If you're in a bind for Thanksgiving and want to prep something quick and easy, these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls are an awesome idea for the holiday season. 
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10