EXPLORE.

1.14.2015

Palette Play | Tarte Tres Chic Park Avenue Princess Contour Palette


One of my absolute favourite parts of makeup is contouring. I think it's so neat how you can abuse the shadows and lighting to completely transform your face. I also think that once you start contouring you really can't go back. I've seen what my nose looks like contoured and it's much cheaper than paying for a nose job. As Tarte is one of my favourite brands, I went ahead and picked up the Tarte Tres Chic Park Avenue Princess Contour Palette.

This palette comes with three products including Tarte's signature bronzer shade Park Avenue Princess, a pinky blush shade Posh and a highlighting shade Champagne Gold. I've been playing with this palette for a few weeks now and I have to say I'm still not quite sure where I stand with it. The bronzer is a beautiful matte shade however, it does come off on my complexion very muddy. It will look good for the first three hours of wear but by the end of the day my contour just doesn't cut it. I'm trying to figure out if the foundation I use may be what's causing the formula to not settle on my skin but it's such a shame because it's really a lovely colour. As for the blush and highlight both are impressive but not anything I'd gravitate towards personally. The pinky hue is gorgeous but as I'm more of a darker mauve blush lover, it doesn't really suit my olive complexion. The highlight is nice and is a true champagne gold which hits the light in a nice subtle shimmer. I know that so many people rave about Tarte's bronzer and blushes and don't get me wrong, some of my favourite shades are from Tarte but I just can't seem to fall in love with this palette.

It was discounted down on Sephora's site after Christmas so I picked it up on a steal which was just fantastic so I don't regret buying it. It might just be my winter skin that isn't working with these shades or formulas but as for right now I just wouldn't recommend it. Not even the packaging impressed me as it's a very flimsy plastic feeling case. For traveling it does have the essentials and I'm sure for other skin tones these shades are beautiful. However, compared to my usual contouring routine that includes the amazing Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette this one just doesn't compete.
SHARE:

16 comments:

  1. Nice, review, this sounds pretty nice ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I like my Anastasia Contour Palette much better!

    Linh | SimplyLinh

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so beautiful in the photo but shamed that it doesn't work that well. I really want to get my hands on the Anastasia Palette! :)
    ♥Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I would like to try this palette :)

    Great post!

    Nikoleta, xoxo.

    http://nljuljduraj.blogspot.com/2015/01/my-favourite-under-eye-concealers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately Tarte is another brand we don't get access to fully in the UK. I love this palette, beautiful packaging and gorgeous shades, but it's a shame they don't perform as well as they should x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the brands i can't buy in UK and i want their products so bad.
    www.ninzbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love contouring too! My fave shades when it comes to contour are ashy browns to make it look more like a natural shadow! I really love Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer for that, but this palette looks really good!

    http://fashionfixeshearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh it's a shame this is a bit of a disappointment, the packaging looks lovely but I don't like when it feels super cheap! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so expectant to everything high end and it's a shame when things are not worth the try.. hopefully you'll find a way to use this in your favor! :) I need to try the Anastasia Contour Palette so bad!! :) xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rayne Toni AlexanderJanuary 18, 2015 at 4:21 AM

    ah I cant believe this was such a let down! I have seen so many great reviews on it, but it is refreshing to see a slightly negative one so you know you won't be forced to fall in love with it :P

    I actually do rather like the packaging though :)

    http://makeitraynex.com/ - newborn blog

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought about picking up this palette when it was on sale on the Sephora site, but I talked myself out of getting it. I regret it!

    blush and simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this lovely post. I've been learning about contouring my face and this would help me to try other product.
    xoxo
    Liza
    www.lizacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely amazing post! thanks for sharing. nice one:)

    http://worldpedispa.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this! I've been trying to decide to buy either this or the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour palette. I'm just worried the darker shades of the Anastasia palette might not work with my skin tone (I'm super pale :p )
    xoxo Kailey
    misskaileydaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i recently got this and i'm a fan, but the charlotte tilbury flimsier bronze and glow is my favorite!


    makeupmusicbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the review! I don't know Anastasia Beverly Hills products, yet.
    www.cl0sinpills.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10