EXPLORE.

6.20.2021

Fathers Day

 

 June 20

Today I met two sisters from Germany. One reminded me so much of my mom when she was young. Short hair and European features, just like her photo with the striped blue shirt. We talked about being raised cold, negative, dark, anticipating despair. How German is rough and harsh and somewhere loses the positivity in a day. Sometimes it’s crazy how meeting strangers allows you to see yourself and your past with different eyes. My heart hasn’t yet healed enough to look at the bigger picture behind my life’s photograph. It was earnest hearing another soul have such a similar upbringing and who is battling with the same depths and aches from our motherland. Culture tastes familiar because there’s family in similarity. She was a stranger that felt like family. Today is Father’s Day and my family feels like strangers. 


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10