EXPLORE.

11.08.2016

Sunrise

My boyfriend is honestly such a kind soul. He hates having his picture taken. He's not big on social media. He's old school. 

Yet every weekend or once in a while he let's me follow him around photographing his bones. He knows it makes me happy and I love to practice photography. He also knows I'm too shy to take pictures of anyone else. 

So every once in a while he humors me and let's me watch him from behind my lens. Let's me capture his smile and the way he looks at life. I know his angles and his laugh lines and the way his face dances in certain lights. 

We're the opposite of present in the internet world. I don't take pictures for likes and we don't "selfie" or anything together. I'm always the one taking pictures, never in them, never with him yet every photo is a moment, a significant memory. There's photos of sunsets and trees and even out of focus scenes. Those photos are our timelines. Time stamps of progressing emotion. 

Photos that aren't for the world but instead for him and for me. 


SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! Your photos are gorgeous and probably because you take them just for you! I think it's so important that creative content - whether it be photos or words/stories - should be for ourselves to make us happy and this comes across in your photos!

    But I'm still so happy that you can share them with us! Really beautiful!

    JosieVictoriaa // Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie! Your photos are beautiful as always!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots! I'm very happy that you shared them with us. They do look important and precious :)

    - Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shots are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing these photos. I loved reading about them, as well.

    xx, Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10