EXPLORE.

7.13.2014

This Week I... (#2)


1. Finished an amazing book. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn has become one of my new favourites. The story was just so well put together and incredibly powerful. I cannot wait to get my hands on another book by Flynn. I was even thinking of writing up a book review for the blog.

2. Was around too many shoes. Work last week just was miserable, it was hard and demanding and the California heat simply made everything worse. Goodness am I glad it's Sunday. 

3. Fell in love... again? I tend to fall in love with intimate objects like my coffee machine, Henry so I knew a love affair was on it's way when my best friend gifted me my new Lilly Pulitzer Planner, named Betsy. I have a weird obsession with planners and this one is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. 

4. I bought a desk! Last week I mentioned I've completely redecorated my room recently and so many of you were asking for a little tour, I'm not quite ready yet to share it with ya'll but I'm entirely too excited for my room's new addition. A white desk. 

5. Had a quiet weekend. No concerts, no day trips, no binge fests ; this weekend was a quiet one in and man, did I need it. Our plans for the Rosebowl Flee Market fell through but I think it needed to happen in a way, everyone needs a boring weekend to catch up on sleep every once in a while. 

Next week is bound to be fun, I have quite a few fun activities coming up including a concert, midnight movie screening, and work work work. Wish me luck and have a lovely new week. 
SHARE:

6 comments:

  1. I love this book, and cannot wait to watch the movie! The trailer is amazing!! Quiet weekends are the best when you are always busy!
    xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post ,really like it:)
    keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely relaxed week! :)

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG these pictures are amazing :)
    By the way I'm running my first giveaway on my blog, If you're interested check it out :
    http://pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-first-giveaway.html

    Mikixx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you, every one needs a lazy weekend in sometimes to recharge the batteries and I'm glad you got yours! xx

    Ferdie @ ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a few people mention how good that book is and I think it'll be my next book to read! It's great that you bought a new desk - and a white one too! A white desk is on my list of things to buy when I set up my office one day too :)

    Yazmin xx
    www.yazzyscorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10