EXPLORE.

1.17.2014

I NEED YOUR HELP

Hey girlies, I'm sorry I really haven't been around lately. I've been actually going through a rough time and also have been working everyday, waiting in anticipation for my big trip to California. If you didn't know, I actually lived in California pretty much my whole life but about a year and a half ago, I decided with my naive 17 years of life to pack up and move to Europe. I decided to come live in Austria, where I was born and I have to admit these past months have been such a learning experience and a true challenge. It really isn't easy moving away, especially when it is to a foreign country where basically no one speaks English. I've been homesick basically from day one and now I'm finally getting the chance to go back home. I have to admit, my decision to go back home is very bittersweet. When you move away sometimes you leave and you close doors to a part of your life you don't ever really think of going back to. People forget you and people move on and you really have to learn that life is not going to be nice to you all the time. I have gotten to the point where I'm able to remember the good times I had with so many people and I appreciate what it was. However, now I'm going back and it's so scary. It's so frightening to see the place you grow up change and become something that is foreign to you. I'm pretty worried that this trip will in the end break my heart and having to say goodbye again to everyone I love is going to be incredibly incredibly challenging. Not to mention I do suffer from really intense anxiety and lately it has been so bad I can't even function. I haven't been sleeping well and I just have been really nervous and afraid of all that is to come. My flight is on January 28th and I will be in California until February 28th. So that's just a few more days really to prepare and try to somehow calm my nerves. 

Where do you come in? Well. I need your help! I am definitely looking forward to doing some extreme shopping in America. Where I live now doesn't really stock many products and the style and everything is completely different so I'm basically going to stock up for the next year on fashion and makeup. I've been making up lists of things I would like to pick up or try or just see in general and I was actually thinking maybe some of you have some suggestions. What are your favorite beauty products that you own? What drugstore makeup do I need to pick up? What should I buy from Sephora or Mac or Ulta? I'm in desperate need ladies and I would love to hear some suggestions. Also, the fact that dollars are quite a lot less than euro, I will be doing some amazing bargain shopping so I'm totally pumped for that. 

I'm just trying really hard to look at the positives and get through this alone, it is hard being alone and having to deal with this to be completely honest and it's scary and sometimes everyone could use a friend. If you guys have any helpful tips on traveling or anxiety or family issues, please please please comment down bellow and help me out. Also, comment down bellow any beauty products I should pick up or add your links to some posts you recommend I check out before my trip. I will still be blogging through February and it will be more lifestyle oriented for a while but I hope you guys don't mind that. The blogging community is kinda my only friend right now and I need your help sometimes. 

I hope you're all well and having a nice Friday. Chin up everyone, we've gotta push through this journey called life.

Stefanie xx 
SHARE:

14 comments:

  1. As I have never been to the states I have no idea what beauty products you could get from there, but feel free to come to vienna whenever you're feeling lonely, I'm even able to speak english haha :) ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh Conny, that is honestly my goal for as soon as I come back to Austria, we shall hang out sometime in March if you're up for it! xx

      Delete
  2. You are one brave bunny!! Take a big old deep breath and go for it!! You don't need to worry about other people, just be yourself. Soak up the experience, rise to the challenge and live for the opportunities that come with doing what you do.

    I think you're wonderfully brave and I intend to try and be half as courageous as you when I move countries in a couple months.

    Keep your chin up : )

    Faded Windmills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means so much and I really wish you the best of luck when you move sweetie (:

      Delete
  3. Hey. Im from New York so Cali is pretty much the same haha
    But yeah I definitely recommend Revlon's ColorBurst Lacquer Balms if you haven't already tried them. They are amazing and I own 5 colors!
    I have some other recommendations as well, if you need more suggestions, I can leave you some where to contact me like tumblr or kik lol

    Have fun in California !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please be sure to send me your tumblr! I always appreciate suggestions and have been sure to write down the Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balms. They sound amazing!

      Delete
    2. Hello again! My tumblr is www.rosyrosee.tumblr.com

      Message me there :)

      Delete
  4. I live here in Cali and I haven't really ventured out much for more makeup recently as I have a million things haha-- but I really love the Maybelline the Rocket mascara, not sure if you have it or not. Also love the EOS lip balms, any wet n wild eyeshadow palette you can get your hands on would be amazing. Same with e.l.f products.

    I hope you enjoy your month here. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have the EOS Lip balms and wet n wild eyeshadow palettes on my list but ohh I'm intrigued about the Maybelline the Rocket mascara. Thanks for all the suggestions!

      Delete
  5. Tarte products are a must! Their blushes are amazing so you will definitely want to try them out.
    I've heard that there are different shades of the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows here in North America. You might want to check them out too.
    Have fun!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited to pick up some Tarte products (: Which blush would you recommend? I will definitely pick up those eyeshadows. thanks for the suggestions (:

      Delete
  6. I've never been to California (unfortunately!) so I can't help with the recommendations, but I hope the whole move isn't too stressful and you start to get some good nights sleep! You poor thing, can't imagine how stressful it is moving your whole life half way across the world. All the best with it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I've already told you this, but you are just so brave to have moved liked this!! Wish I could do it as it has been on the back of my mind for soooo long! I am sure you'll have loads of fun in Cali, and as much as it'll break your heart to leave, you'll have made so many memories! I would definitely get things from Milani, Physician's Formula, Tarte, Wet&Wild, and EOS! :)
    I'm here if you need anything moral support :)
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tarte Blushes: Blissful or Tipsy, Exposed, & Dollface
    Tarte's Mascara! It's crazy good.
    xxox

    ReplyDelete

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10