Sleek Face Contour Kit Review



I had been searching for the perfect matte bronzer for quite some time now and wasn't exactly willing to spend too much money since most times bronzers would show up a little orange on my skin. I have mostly yellow undertones and it's really difficult to find face products that don't completely make me look like an umpa lumpa. On youtube lately, I had noticed how quite a few gurus had been mentioned the Sleek Face Contour Kit and decided to go ahead and pick it up and give it a whirl.

The Sleek Face Contour Kit comes in three different shades. Light, Medium and Dark. I ended up buying the medium one and I have to say, I do quite like this product. I do enjoy the packaging, it looks simple but is sturdy and has a very large mirror perfect for on the go touch ups. The colour itself is a very matte brown and also incredibly pigmented so when it comes to application, you might have to use a soft touch or else it can get a little muddy. For my cheek contour it does an alright job, for some reason it still can look a little orange in some lights and therefore I don't generally use too much of it for my cheeks. Instead, what I've found this medium brown colour to be perfect with would be for contouring the jawline. I have always had a rather round face and although I have lost my double chin, I'm constantly afraid of it coming back. I like to use my Real Techniques Contour Brush to really chisel my jaw line and it makes my face look a lot slimmer and more defined. As for the highlight powder, it's not my favourite but it's definitely not a bad product. It had a gorgeous shimmery peach colour that would be perfect for anyone looking for a nice glow. I don't generally opt for glowing skin, I rather like my makeup looking matte but I could imagine it being a lovely highlight for the summer months.

Overall, it's a pretty good product. It definitely gets the job done, it's easy to use and even comes with a little booklet that shows beginners just how to contour the right way. I would recommend it for anyone whose never been too sure about contouring and wants to give it a try without having to spend loads of money on high end contouring kits. For a price of about €7 I would probably repurchase because I do like the way it works with me and sculpts my face the way I wish it were naturally.

Have you tried this product? What are your favourite beauty products that help get that perfect contour? Let me know, down bellow!

Stefanie xx

13 comments

  1. I've never tried this, but I would! Great review and blog :))

    http://kalisinspirationboard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried it since to be honest I wouldn't quite know what to do with it, but I am very curious to try it since I've heard so many great things about it! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sleek but I've never tried this! It's a great price, I should give it a go really x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried sleek but its definitely taking over the blogging community! My favourite contouring products are definitely from Benefit. Great blog! Mel xxx (now following)

    http://melonistaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep looking out for one of these in the light shade but it's always sold out! It sounds like a fab little kit!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen so many great posts about this palette at the minute! I need to get my hands on one!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having an orange tone in bronzer is turn off for me, because it looks really bad on my skin. I still have not found the perfect bronzing powder because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to try it, although for a highlighting color, it sure is dark! I usually use Elf's Studio Blush/Bronzer duo. BTW I also use the Real Technique's brush!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might have to look out for this! Good review.

    Whatshedid1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want this, I don't know why it's taking me so long to buy it!
    Jasmine | ohso-flawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got a great review about this product. I guess I need to try this product.

    CLICK if you got a heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore the Sleek Contour kit! I use the shade light but recently ran out and have yet to repurchase.

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds really great to contour with! :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete