EXPLORE.

12.11.2013

Sleek Face Contour Kit Review



I had been searching for the perfect matte bronzer for quite some time now and wasn't exactly willing to spend too much money since most times bronzers would show up a little orange on my skin. I have mostly yellow undertones and it's really difficult to find face products that don't completely make me look like an umpa lumpa. On youtube lately, I had noticed how quite a few gurus had been mentioned the Sleek Face Contour Kit and decided to go ahead and pick it up and give it a whirl.

The Sleek Face Contour Kit comes in three different shades. Light, Medium and Dark. I ended up buying the medium one and I have to say, I do quite like this product. I do enjoy the packaging, it looks simple but is sturdy and has a very large mirror perfect for on the go touch ups. The colour itself is a very matte brown and also incredibly pigmented so when it comes to application, you might have to use a soft touch or else it can get a little muddy. For my cheek contour it does an alright job, for some reason it still can look a little orange in some lights and therefore I don't generally use too much of it for my cheeks. Instead, what I've found this medium brown colour to be perfect with would be for contouring the jawline. I have always had a rather round face and although I have lost my double chin, I'm constantly afraid of it coming back. I like to use my Real Techniques Contour Brush to really chisel my jaw line and it makes my face look a lot slimmer and more defined. As for the highlight powder, it's not my favourite but it's definitely not a bad product. It had a gorgeous shimmery peach colour that would be perfect for anyone looking for a nice glow. I don't generally opt for glowing skin, I rather like my makeup looking matte but I could imagine it being a lovely highlight for the summer months.

Overall, it's a pretty good product. It definitely gets the job done, it's easy to use and even comes with a little booklet that shows beginners just how to contour the right way. I would recommend it for anyone whose never been too sure about contouring and wants to give it a try without having to spend loads of money on high end contouring kits. For a price of about €7 I would probably repurchase because I do like the way it works with me and sculpts my face the way I wish it were naturally.

Have you tried this product? What are your favourite beauty products that help get that perfect contour? Let me know, down bellow!

Stefanie xx
SHARE:

13 comments:

  1. I've never tried this, but I would! Great review and blog :))

    http://kalisinspirationboard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried it since to be honest I wouldn't quite know what to do with it, but I am very curious to try it since I've heard so many great things about it! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sleek but I've never tried this! It's a great price, I should give it a go really x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried sleek but its definitely taking over the blogging community! My favourite contouring products are definitely from Benefit. Great blog! Mel xxx (now following)

    http://melonistaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep looking out for one of these in the light shade but it's always sold out! It sounds like a fab little kit!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen so many great posts about this palette at the minute! I need to get my hands on one!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having an orange tone in bronzer is turn off for me, because it looks really bad on my skin. I still have not found the perfect bronzing powder because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to try it, although for a highlighting color, it sure is dark! I usually use Elf's Studio Blush/Bronzer duo. BTW I also use the Real Technique's brush!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might have to look out for this! Good review.

    Whatshedid1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want this, I don't know why it's taking me so long to buy it!
    Jasmine | ohso-flawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got a great review about this product. I guess I need to try this product.

    CLICK if you got a heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore the Sleek Contour kit! I use the shade light but recently ran out and have yet to repurchase.

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds really great to contour with! :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete

© casuallyawkward. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig
09 10